- FedExtra – the magazine newsletter of The Morris Federation
- Access to music and dance notation at a privileged rate
- Public Liability Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance (optional)
- The opportunity to attend events, workshops, etc. hosted by The Morris Federation
- Advice & guidance including Health & Safety
- Sponsorship, grants, and bursaries
- The opportunity to attend and vote at specified meetings, including the Annual General Meeting held in September
You can apply for annual membership under the following classes:
For practising and performing morris sides and, at the discretion of the committee, clubs involved in related activities.
For individuals who wish to be a member, but who may not belong to an active group.
For teams, clubs, or individuals who do not qualify for, or wish to have, public liability insurance, or who reside overseas.
For practising and performing morris sides where the majority of members are of compulsory education age.
GROUP/INDIVIDUAL/JUNIOR GROUP members resident in the UK are covered by The Morris Federation’s public liability indemnity policy from the date that their full subscription and registration form are received. In short, this means that members are automatically indemnified against any damages which they become liable, in law, to pay to a third party. (e.g. a member of the public, or a local authority) as a result of negligence being proved against them in court.
GROUP members resident in the UK may also join the optional group personal accident insurance scheme. For a small additional premium per head per annum, members can be covered for accidents occurring whilst performing, practising or travelling to or from an organised morris event within the UK. This insurance pays out a weekly benefit to anyone totally prevented from carrying out their usual occupation for more than four weeks. If anyone is actually killed, or loses the sight of an eye or loses a limb, a benefit is also payable. Overseas trips are not covered.
Further insurance details can be downloaded from our Join or Renew page.
Annual membership subscription costs are currently:
- Group (sides): £35
- Individual, and Associate/Overseas: £22
- Junior Group: £10
Further details about membership subscriptions can found on our Join or Renew page.