The Morris Federation is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our members, and ensuring its officers (elected and co-opted), volunteers, contractors and agents (1) do not discriminate in providing goods and/or services and/or facilities and/or at events.
The purpose of this policy is to:
- provide equality, fairness and respect for all our members, officers, volunteers and agents as well as suppliers, contractors and the general public where they come into contact with us or our member teams;
- oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination. This includes in our terms and conditions of membership, in dealing with grievances and discipline, in the termination of membership or office, and in admission to events.
The Morris Federation commits to:
- encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion amongst its members as good practice, providing guidance and support where practicable to do so.
- creating a (volunteer) working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all are recognised and valued.
- providing guidance and support to officers, volunteers, and agents in the proper execution of their duties.
- ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, that all Morris Federation events are fully accessible to all participants and audience commensurate with the nature of the event: e.g. a public event, an all-women event, an event specifically for children, or for young adults (16-25 years), etc. “Access” to include, but not to be limited to, physical accessibility, the creation of a safe, inclusive and welcoming atmosphere and economic affordability.
- encouraging all member teams to have the same intention in the organisation of their own events.
- reviewing and updating this policy as needed.
Full details of the guidance available, together with our terms of membership and grievance/disciplinary policies can be found on our website.
(1) i.e. anyone acting on our behalf, for instance organising a workshop, day of dance or AGM.
Last Updated: November 2020