About this page
Recording of a Morris Federation demonstrations of “Clog Stepping for Beginners” by Georgia Shorrock held on Zoom on 2 and 9 January 2021. The #MorrisFedvideo lasts for 59 minutes (video 1) and 1 hour 3 minutes (video 2).
Clog Stepping for Beginners
Georgia Shorrock of Hadrian Clog will teach a Clog Stepping routine over 2 weeks, for those with some dance experience but that are absolute beginners to clog dancing. If you fancy having a go, Georgia will teach the basic steps along with some Lancashire Waltz steps so you will be able to dance your first clog routine.
A series of 2 one hour teaching sessions (over Zoom) to build to the performance of a clog stepping routine.
No clog stepping experience is needed to join us for these sessions, but a desire to learn and be able to learn from viewing on a screen is desirable.
Week 1 of 2 Lancashire Waltz – steps 1 to 3 (out of 6)
Step 1 Brushes / 24:22
Step 2 Heel Plant (Swanee) / 41:10
Step 3 Sixes
Week 2 of 2 Lancashire Waltz – steps 4 to 63 (out of 6)
10:46 Step 4 Jump-Hop-Tap
19:17 Step 5 Brush-Toe-Heel
38:01 Step 6 Hop-Shuffle
Links to related resources:
- Lancashire Waltz danced by Georgia Shorrock (on YouTube):
- Notation: a folder containing Lancashire Waltz Dance Notation & Music (PDF), and Mrs Parker’s Waltz audio (MP3) (Morris Federation notation library on Google Drive)
More about Hadrian Clog (Facebook page)
Georgia Shorrock dances with Hadrian Clog based in Hexham, in the Tyne Valley, Northumberland, and perform a wide variety of clog and hard shoe dances from the North East and beyond.
They have taught at various festivals and events and love to share their dancing with anyone who will have a go!!
- Title: Clog Stepping for Beginners
- Speaker: Georgia Shorrock
- Facilitator: Pauline Woods-Wilson
- Type: dance
- Date of talk: 2 and 9 January 2021
- Date page published: 25 April 2023