Workshop Showcase Day – Show off your new skills (LIVE on Zoom)
Sunday 9 May @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Workshop Showcase Day – Show off your new skills – Clog Stepping, Border, North West, and Cotswold
A chance for you to perform any or all of the dances we’ve learned in the dance workshops during lockdown – you are also welcome if you already know the dance(s). Plenty of time to get on your dancing shoes and do some practice between now and this Workshop Showcase Day.
How it will work
For each dance we’ve learned online in our workshops in lockdown, you’ll get a quick reminder from your tutor, then a rehearsal, then we’ll all perform it together and make a video recording of the performance in ‘gallery’ view. Please also join in if you already know the dance.
We would like to record us all dancing together at the final ‘take’ of each dance, so if you would like to wear your kit, or a t-shirt with your team name on, that would be marvellous and make for a colourful and interesting video recording. If you don’t want to be recorded, then do please join us, but turn off your camera.
In the morning:
– Clog Stepping for Beginners – ‘Lancashire Waltz’ – Georgia Shorrock, Hadrian Clog
– Clog Stepping for Intermediates – ‘Whitby ‘Toesday’ Waltz’ – Melanie Barber & Mike Adamson
– Border solo dance – ‘Waiting for the Vaccine’ – Linda Glanville & Pauline Woods-Wilson
– North West 4 person dance – ‘The Nelson’ – Virginia Crewe, Malkin Morris
– North West solo dance – ‘Lockdown’ – Hazel Old, Chinewrde Morris
– North West solo dance – ‘The Celebration’ – John Earnshaw, Wakefield Morris
In the afternoon, Andrew Knight, Lin Steel & Tony Warren – Knights of King Ina:
– Cotswold jig – ‘Bonnets so Blue’ in the style of Bucknell
– Cotswold jig – ‘Lumps of Plum Pudding’ in the style of Bledington
– Cotswold jig – ‘Nelson’s Praise’ in the style of Ilmington
– Cotswold jig – ‘Jockie to the Fair’ – in the style of Ilmington
Optional Extra Video
After the workshop showcase, an optional extra will be for you to record you dancing one or more of the dances on your own, then send it in to us and we’ll compile it into one video per dance. Details tbc.
Please complete this online form: Register for the Workshop Showcase; you will receive a confirmation email immediately (check your spam/junk/promotions folder!). We will send you a Zoom link a couple of days before the event. You can arrive and leave when you like. Open to all – you don’t have to be a member of a team in The Morris Federation.
If you enjoy this event, then it would be wonderful if you could send a donation, small or large, to Shelter who help people struggling with bad housing or homelessness through their advice, support, and legal services: https://www.shelter.org.uk/