We’re restarting our online winter events, but it may not be quite as hectic as last winter!
FedTalks and online workshops
Here are our upcoming events, LIVE on Zoom. Register to receive your Zoom link. No need to have your own Zoom account, just click on the link to join the talk/workshop. We will be adding more talks and workshops up to March next year.
- Talk – “Considering Morris Dance Costumes as English National Dress” – Chloe Middleton-Metcalfe – Sat 6th Nov 16:00-17:30
- Workshop – Toesday Hornpipe Clog Routine for Beginners &Intermediates – Melanie Barber – Sun 7th Nov 11:00-12:30 & 14:00-15:30
- Talk – ‘A History of Mumming’ – Stephen Rowley – Sun 14th Nov 17:00-18:30
- Talk – “Coconut Dancing – more than just a Lancashire tradition” – Peter Bearon – Sat 4th Dec 16:00-17:30
- Talk – Morris Dolls in the Museum of British Folklore – Simon Costin – Sat 11th Dec 16:00-17:30
- Talk – “Straw Bear – 40 Years of Straw & String” – Brian Kell – Sun 12th Dec 16:00-17:30
For more events see: MF Events
Recordings of past MF online events (ICYMI)
In case you missed it, recordings of our online Talks and Workshops during Winter/Spring 2020-2021 are on the MF YouTube Channel – ‘subscribe’ to be notified of any new videos. One new video has just been added:
- Clogs in Britain & Beyond – Talk by Michael L Jackson (1hr 30mins). Michael briefly covers the history of clog making in Britain, considers European influences on British clogs, and vice versa, as well as comments of wooden footwear around the world. Heritage clogs and wooden shoes, and clog-making tools, are used to illustrate the talk, plus photos and other old pictures. See also online photo albums of different styles of clogs, old postcards and various clog-related documents: https://www.facebook.com/7StarsSwordandStep/photos/
For more recordings of talks and workshops, see: MF YouTube channel
Dancing Diary Dates
- Sat 30th – Sun 31st October in Leominster – the Fools & Beasts Unconvention, see: https://themorrisring.org/event/fools-and-beasts-unconvention-2021-leominster
- Saturday 26th March 2022 in Derby – DERT (Dancing England Rapper Tournament) see the DERT facebook site
- Saturday 9th April 2022 in Liverpool – the JMO National Day of Dance – dancing in the centre of Liverpool, hosted by the Morris Ring in the North West. It’s open to all members of the Morris Federation, Morris Ring and Open Morris. MF teams/sides can book a place by emailing email@example.com. If any individuals are available to help Marshall for half the day or the whole day, then please let us know and we’ll pass your details on to the organisers.
- Saturday 24th September 2022 in Darlington – the MF Day of Dance and AGM hosted by Black Diamond Mixed Cotswold Morris. Save the date for now.
- Saturday 23rd September 2023 in Shropshire – the MF Day of Dance and AGM hosted by Shropshire Bedlams and Martha Rhoden’s Tuppenny Dish. Save the date for now.
A small selection of folky things for your eyes and ears: